Frequently Asked Questions at College Copy Shop
Thank you for visiting College Copy Shop on the web. If you are looking for an estimate please use our estimate request form. Below are some FAQ’s, if there are questions that we have not answered, please ask us using our email or contact us by calling Downtown (780.423.1458) or Southside (780.438.2472).
Your College Copy Shop Team is eager to serve you.
Place an Order
There are three ways to submit your file:
- FTP — Using the Submit an Order area on the right-hand side of our website, you can upload your file directly to our server. This is the preferable method if you have a large file.
- Email — If your file is smaller than 5MB, you can email it directly to us.
Downtown Location: email@example.com
Southside Location: firstname.lastname@example.org
- USB or Disc — You can also come into either location with digital copy of your work and speak directly with one of our Customer Service Representatives.
We are able to work with a variety of file types, however the preferred method is .PDF (portable data file.) Please see the list below for acceptable file formats.
- Adobe CS5
- Acrobat (PDF)
- Illustrator (AI)
- InDesign (INDD)
- Photoshop (PSD)
- Coreldraw X4
- Microsoft Office
- Excel (XLS)
- Powerpoint (PPT)
- Publisher (PUB)
- Word (DOC)
- Standard Image Files (JPG, TIF, PNG, GIF)
Coated: Gloss finish.
Uncoated: No surface finishing.
Text weight: Thinner paper stock used for items such as letters, book pages and flyers.
Cover weight: Thicker card or board stock used for items such as post cards and business cards.
Colours: For a complete list of what’s available please consult our customer service.
If you have questions regarding weight options please see “How do I know what stock weight I should use?”
Stock weight will depend on the item you are printing and your preference. There are many different options available to us. Below is a list of some of our stocked items and common uses for them.
|Text||20lb bond||uncoated||General black prints|
|Text||28lb laser||uncoated||General colour prints|
|Text||80lb offset||coated||flyers, posters, brochures|
|Text||100lb offset||coated||flyers, posters, brochures|
|Cover||65lb||uncoated||coloured cover stock, book covers|
|Cover||80lb||coated||signs, post cards, book covers|
|Cover||100lb||coated or uncoated||signs, post cards, book covers, business cards|
|Cover||120lb||coated or uncoated||business cards, post cards|
If there are other options that you would like to explore please contact us.
Each original is one side of a printed sheet.
You want one sheet with printing on both sides. You have a two page file. You have two originals.
You want one sheet with printing on one side. You have a one page file. You have one original.
We do not accept payment through this website. If you are unable to visit our location or pay with cash. You may phone or fax in a credit card authorization or mail in a cheque.
We request payment on job completion. On larger orders we may request a deposit at the time of the order. If your order is being shipped payment is needed before we ship your job.
We accept: Cash, Cheque, Debit, VISA, MC and AMEX.
If you would like to prepay you can prepay once we have the details and pricing confirmed for your order.
If you would like a gift certificate for a future order you can purchase any denomination. Please contact our manager at email@example.com to arrange.
Our Submit an Order for will accept up to 3 files combining to a max 50 megs in size. For anything larger than that you can bring in your files or send it to us using an online file transfer service. Two sites that you can use for free on an occasional basis are:
Please do not send any large files to us via email. Anything more than 5 to 10 megs will bog down our email and prevent any other emails from coming through until your is downloaded.
If you are trying unsucessfully to upload files and they are smaller than 50 megs there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The only file types that are allowed through the file upload are: jpg jpeg png gif mp3 mov avi wmv midi mid pdf doc docx xls xlsx ppt pptx txt rtf zip rar ico css xml swf. All other types are blocked.
- If the spinning wheel on your computer times out and doesn’t complete the file upload you may have a 15 minute session timer on your computer. If your internet connection or computer can’t upload in that time you may need to send us the files in another manor.